Saturday, January 31, 2009

Long time no see! I thought it about time I updated this as it seems I haven't made a stitchy update in....ohhh...centuries. And yes, I have been stitching some, despite being wrapped up in my drawing tablet (there's a link to my art album in my sidebar by the way...if you're interested!) So here's what I've been stitching on (Blogger's being a bitch and won't let me upload piccies, so I've had to fall back on good ole Photobucket for these - clickable thumbnails) -

First up, a little progress on Dawn Fairy...not a whole lot, but I finished off the bottom of her skirt, one sleeve and the butterflies -
Photobucket

Progress on Pompeii Garden. I'm determined I'm going to finish this damn thing this year or die in the attempt! I've done the top left corner with the pillars and sky and stuff, and most of the top right corner too...
Photobucket

And finally, Forgiveness. This is so much prettier in real life than it looks in the pic. Unfortunately I find I get bored quite quickly when I'm working on it so progress isn't fast.

Photobucket

I desperately want a new start, but I've decided I want to finish some stuff first. I felt my WIPs were getting out of hand last year - I know some people have dozens and don't worry about it, but it was making me uncomfortable so I've been trying to whittle them down.

I'll try not to leave it so long before the next update!

8 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

WOW these are coming out wonderful.
The Angel is so beautiful.

Sheila said...

Pompeii is looking fabulous - as are the others. And I checked out your art page ---- what talent!
You kept that well hidden LOL!

Cindy F. said...

Gill, these are some amazing pieces!! Beautiful progress on all 3!!

Maren said...

These are some truly wonderful WIPs. I LOVE the Pompeii Garden. That is so detailed and colorful!

Sally said...

They all look fantastic Gill. Lovely to see Dawn back out again:)

Kathy said...

They all look great Gill. I am gonna get Pompeji done this yr, I think almost 3 yrs on the go is wayyyyy to long lol.

Hugs xxxx

Doris said...

wow, stunnig stitch! the works are great.

Kit said...

Forgiveness looks wonderful, hope you stick with it.