Saturday, October 03, 2009

I finally finished April's Blue Diamond Fairy last night. It feels ike this has been a WIP for a very long time, although really if I think about the hours I actually spent stitching on it, it wasn't particularly time consuming. It just spent a lot of time languishing in the WIP basket. The beads took a long time to sew on, and the butterflies were a PITA because there's no holes to attach them with so I ended up looping the thread round the narrow part. This fairy deserves more attention because she's very pretty IRL, and the chart photo really does her no justice. Even Pete commented how pretty she is.

Stitched on SW Charisma lugana -



And I would like to introduce you to my new baby, Suki. She's 9 weeks old and we've had her for 2 weeks now. She's a Staffie x Cattle Dog and a very, very smart pup. She's learning fast - I'd say she's about 90% housetrained (she knows she has to go outside, but just very occasionally she'll forget) I've already taught her 'sit' and 'down' and she's just starting to get the idea that she mustn't jump up at people. She also understands 'leave it' although she doesn't always 'leave it' for long! lol. She's very sweet and cuddly and full of mischief -she has a 'thing' for my shoes in particular. If I forget to put them away I find her in her basket chewing away at them! She's trying to make friends with the cats, they are getting used to her although Chequers has given her a few good smacks when she gets too much!



10 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Your fairy is beautiful.

Chiloe said...

I enlarged and she's truly beautiful !!! The butterfly beads are gorgeous! Congrats for that finish ;-)

The puppy is so cute !!!

Michelle said...

The mirabillia is beautiful Gill-the pictures never do them justice do they? Suki is gorgeous and looks a real bundle of mischief.

Tama said...

Your fairy looks gorgeous! I agree about the pics - they're always so much better in person :D
Suki's adorable; I bet she's a real handful!!!

Karen said...

Suki is adorable! Good luck with her. April's Blue Diamond is a WIP for me at the moment, and I totally agree with you. The picture doesn't do it justice and she's very pretty IRL. There are more green and blue-green tones in her than the picture shows. Yours looks gorgeous! Wonderful job with it. Your issues with the butterfly beads has me a little nervous... but I'm pretty far off from that part still.

Mel said...

Congrats on your finish!
Cute puppy!

Kathy said...

Awwww Gill she is gorgeous congrats on your HD. Suki is soooo adorable hun.

Hugs xxxxx

Lisa said...

Gorgeous finish - and I love the new baby too!

shakatak66 said...

Wow, that's an awesome finish - she's really stunning! :D

Cindy F. said...

Wow! What a gorgeous finish! Congrats Gill!!
and what an adorable puppy!! Congrats on her too!