Saturday, October 10, 2009

Welcome to frogging Hell. Population - me

Last night I found a mammoth error in Pompeji. Well, actually the error was just one stitch, but it was one of those silly little mistakes that turns around and bites you on the arse. I knew there'd been a small mistake but - more fool me - I fudged and thought no more of it. Last night I realised that I was going to have to remove nearly a quarter of the total border. Yes, you did read that right. And maybe the corner medallion, which will be one stitch too far to the left once I re-do the border, but I'll wait and see if it's really noticeable before I rip all that out too. I feel like just putting the whole thing away (well truthfully I feel like crying...) but I know if I do Pompeji will end up forever a UFO, so no prizes for guessing what I'll be doing all weekend....

8 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

I definitely know where you are coming from on that one.... I have one piece that I pick up and keep laying down because I can not figure out where the mistake is. (I am off by one)

Tama said...

Ouch! I feel your pain and you have my deepest sympathy :C

Lesleyanne said...

I so know where you are coming from. Good luck for the weekend.

Lindsay said...

Been there, done that and survived the ordeal

Way not frog it then put it away for a while while you recover, I've done that in the past

Adee aka kiwigirl42 said...

much sympathy. I've just done this with Oriental Harem Garden. Did all the fecking pillars in part 2 one square too high from the middle. Was not very happy when I realised. I was going to fudge but realised that every time I looked at it on the wall I'd know! good luck.

Karen said...

Oh no! That much? I actually gasped when I read your post. :(

Daffycat said...

OMG That really sucks pickles! I'm so sorry!

I'm with Lindsay, go ahead and get the dratted frogging out of the way RIGHT NOW then put it aside. That way those frogs aren't waiting for you when you pick it up again!

***hugs***

mollycaff said...

Been there with Chatelaine Mystery 8, I've learned to count very, very carefully on Martina's designs now. Good luck with the frogging, but I do agree with a couple of comments, frog what you need to then put it away for a little while