Saturday, October 17, 2009

Well, I'm delighted to be able to tell you that, after having been missing for 5 days and worrying us half to death, Chequers strolled in - right as rain, completely unconcerned. A bit hungry, but none the worse for wherever he's been. I doubt we'll ever know, but he's been sticking very close to home since he got back, so I don't think it was intentional...

A little more of my gingerbread house. No backstitch or anything yet though. I love gingerbread designs, and I've had this one in my stash for ages. It was in one of the UK mags a few years ago but the chart photo wasn't too good - the fabric and the mats they used to frame it kinda took away from the design. I have to say that stitching this on an opalescent lugana has reminded me of just why I prefer my opals to be linen...



And I thought you might like to see an up to date picture of Suki, now 11 weeks old -

4 comments:

Daffycat said...

Thank goodness the cat got home! Maybe he had been locked up inside someone's shed or something.

Suki is so darling. It's fun having a puppy but so much work too.

Love the gingerbread house ~ just beautiful stitching.

Kathy said...

Hi Gill

So glad your kitty is home safe and sound. Suki is gorgeous.

I have this chart to stitch too, I love gingerbread houses gorgeous hun.

Hugs xxxxx

Michelle said...

So glad to hear Chequer's is home and safe. Suki looks beautiful and I love gingerbread stuff so will be watching to see how this one turns out.:-)

Karen said...

So cute!! I'm so happy that Chequers returned. :)