Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Disaster!

My PC died on Christmas day. Pete tried in vain to resuscitate it, but alas, it was terminal. My poor old PC is deceased, it has shuffled of this mortal coil and gone to join the choir invisible. This was worrisome, to say the least. in the end, the only thing that he could do was wipe it and reinstall everything, but of course this meant everything on it was gone. We managed to get into the external hard drive today, and thankfully I had backed up nearly all my DSotM charts, all my Chatelaines, and some of my pictures. unfortunately I lost a lot of pictures because when I thought I was backing them up, it only saved the main folder and not the dozens of sub folders inside it...so several years worth of family photos are gone. I'm heartbroken.

As I said, most of my charts are ok, but I've lost the last, finished version of my new mermaid, Anemone. I can't alter the version I have either, because all my PCStitch files are gone. At this point, I don't know what I'm going to do.

I'm going to switch over to a Mac sometime this week (posting from my iPad at the moment) so hopefully that will be less susceptible to viruses etc...

Anyway, on a brighter note, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Oh that's tragic Gill. I am so sorry.

Make the switch to a Mac. You won't regret it. I gave up on a PC to go to an iMac and would never go back.

Good to see you back blogging again too BTW.