Thursday, February 23, 2012

TUSAL, Sergei and a new start

A little late with my TUSAL photo - I've been working some mad hours on my latest roster and I just haven't had the energy to do a lot when I got home.

Ok, so TUSAL is up first - here's my latest bunch of orts...

And I had a finish! My third of 2012. (Actually I've had two finishes since the last TUSAL - I also finished Froth and Bubble, but that's in another post) This is Sergei, from Plum Street Samplers. He's stitched on 34 count Legacy linen, 'Cafe au Lait' (although in the photo the fabric colour looks way off), in HDF silks.


Being on a roll, I made a start on Scottish Love Sampler by Moira Blackburn. This is in HDF again on Lambswool linen...

Day off work today...but I won't have much time to stitch because I have an enormous pile of laundry to tackle, and then I have to empty the ensuite shower room because the builders are coming in tomorrow to rip it all out ready to put in a new one next week. I've taken some leave next week so I can be around while all this is going on so I should have plenty of time to put my feet up and stitch away to my heart's content.

7 comments:

Colours of the Outback said...

Lovely so far :)

Veronica said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish! Wonderful progress on Scottish Love Sampler.

Hugs,
Veronica.

mdgtjulie said...

Great big grats on the finish. I love cardinals. They remind me of my grandma. Good start on your new sampler too. You got a lot done. Good luck keeping them all on track with the shower suite. I hope the work goes perfectly and quickly, with NO mishaps. Enjoy the stitchy time when you can get it!!

StitchyWoman said...

Sergei is very handsome! Congrats on your finishes.

Enjoy your extra stitchy time!

Blu said...

Lovely finish on Sergei. Great start on SLS.

Sally said...

Love, love, love Sergei and your new start is lovely too:)

Lynn said...

Sergei looks fantastic! Congrats on your finish!