Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Getting my WIPocalypse post in early...

Since I was a little late getting the last one in due to work commitments and general exhaustion, I thought I would get my act together this time and post on my day off!

Two of my WIPocalypse goals were to finish Froth and Bubble and Sergei, both of which have been finished since my last check in. I've already posted pics in an earlier blog post though so I won't bore regular readers with a repeat. I also started Scottish Love Sampler from Moira Blackburn - all stitched in HDF silk...


I wanted to pull out my old WIP of Japanese Garden too, so I've put SLS down for a little while to get some work in on this. This is where it was at when I picked it up...

Photobucket


And here's where I am now...



The free style flower in the corner sucks, but that was about my fifth attempt and was the best of the bunch. I suck at freehand embroidery! I'm going to stick with JG for a while as I've also put this one in as my entry for the WIP Slayer contest on the Chatelaine BB.

In completely unrelated news - I've bought a piano! I've always wanted to learn to play, but it was one of those things I just never got around to. So I recently started having lessons. I'm still at a very basic level, but I figured as I'm serious about wanting to learn I'd better invest in an instrument to practice on. My piano is being delivered on Sunday...it's not new (hah, like I have that kind of cash to throw around!) but it's a beautiful Baldwin from a dealer in Sydney, and it comes with a 10 year warranty and a free tune on delivery, and I'm very excited about it! Pics to come once it's here!

8 comments:

milly said...

Hi

I've just become a follower of your blog.

Your WIPocalypse projects are beautiful.

Enjoy your piano!

Rachel said...

You have made some great stitching progress this month! :)

Congrats on the piano!!! I used to play when I was little, I loved it! I miss it and have dreamed of getting a piano someday. :) I know you will love it. :)

Karen said...

Nice work on JG. I just love Chatelaines, but I'm afraid to start one. (So big!) I am really enjoying how SLS is coming along.

Congrats on the piano! How fun!

Thanks for sharing!

TeresaB said...

First, how exciting to be getting your piano delivered. I still have the one my parents bought me when I was learning to play oh so many years ago. I need to carve out time in my day to sit and play more. It's so relaxing.

And now to the stitching. Wow! Everything looks gorgeous. I have a Chatelaine (or 2) in my stack of WIPs. I hope to pull it out at some point this month but I doubt I'll make as much progress as you did. Fantastic!

Veronica said...

Both your WiPs are gorgeous. The colours on them... Love it! Congrats on buying a piano. Can't wait to see it. I haven't played for years even though I have a Grade 8 cert. Bad of me I know.

Hugs,
Veronica.

robindefender said...

Congrats on your finishes. And the Japanese garden is looking lovely.

Beth Pearce said...

Congrats on your new piano! I scrolled down to see your other finishs, and I love Froth and Bubble. I love the saying, though I had never heard it before. And the look of it is beautiful. I also saw your Sergi, and he is very handsome. The Chatelaine is amazing - I never could do it, but it is amazing!

Valentina said...

Your wips looks lovely! You're very lucky to have a piano, I'd love to have one!