Thursday, March 22, 2012

March TUSAL, and the newest family member...

TUSAL time again! Not all of my orts went into the jar this month, as when I stitch away from home I just bin them. Still, a decent addition to the jar. Yes, those are knitting needles....winter is on it's way!


And as promised, a picture of my piano, AKA the newest member of the family!


We're refurbishing the bench, which it why it looks a bit wonky. Some previous owner had broken the hinges, but rather than fix it they rather bafflingly sealed the whole bench shut. Pete prised it open and replaced them with - appropriately enough - a single piano hinge. Next job is to re-cover it. It's already been re-covered once but the fabric is looking quite old and tired. I've bought some very pretty red shantung and trim to do it with - pics to follow once it's done!

3 comments:

Daffycat said...

Out ogling ORTs. That is one full ORT jar!

Karen said...

Gill, I have awarded you a Liebster award. You can see details on my blog: MyStitchyRamblings.blogspot.com

Love the piano, the orts, and the stitching!

Milly said...

Hi

Lovely TUSAL jar and lovely piano!