Saturday, August 25, 2012

This has been a slow year for stitching. I have been struggling against a slump. I got enthused about Castle Moyland mandala for a few weeks and did actually manage to get a bit done (I've actually done slightly more than this - must get around to taking an updated photo) but then fell into a bit of a slump again...
Then, a couple of days ago, I was browsing pictures online and started looking at some Passione Ricamo wips. I've always quite liked PR but man, these pretties are so much prettier stitched up. The chart photos really don't give me much motivation to stitch them. Anyway, after drooling over the wips online, I dug out my Enchanted Fairy chart and a piece of SMF Frozen Pond opalescent I've been jealously hoarding for 'just the right chart' and away I went...this is how far I've got...
I'm really enjoying her, so much in fact I went and ordered some more PRs - Morning Fae, Prosperity Fae and First Flight, plus all the bling for MF. I wish the chart was a little smaller though - it's huge and unwieldy.

6 comments:

Karen said...

I think PRs are sooo beautiful, and your Enchanted Fairy has a gorgeous face already!

I hope your mojo has returned for good.

*hugs*

Sally said...

Your mandala is looking lovely as is your PR fairy. Lovely to see you blogging :)

Lana said...

Both of these are sooo beautiful!!!

Valentina said...

Nice work on both, can't wait to see more of the fairy!

Maureen said...

Great choice of fabric for your PR - lookign forward to seeing it's progress.

Scully said...

That mandala looks amazing Gill and the fabric you've chosen for the PR is sooooooo pretty.