Sunday, September 16, 2012

I'm still plugging away on Enchanted Fairy, in between some very long shifts at work (I worked 11 hours on Friday until 11pm and then back at work Saturday morning for another 10 hour shift!). She's a big girl this one...although I read the dimensions before I started it didn't really register how big she is until I was well into stitching her. I'm going to leave the wand off...I decided that from the start because it will be a little too close to the fabric edge for my liking, and also I think it juts out at kind of an odd angle. The train on her skirt is absolutely enormous and seems to go on for ever. I'm using HDF Teacups and Roses instead of the Waterlilies, because it is such a pretty colour and I happened to have quite a bit of it. It's hard to tell in the photo, but it's very, very delicate pinks, creams and tans, and looks wonderful against the other colours in the design. I've more or less decided to go back to being a one-at-a-timer. I've been finding that, once I put a design down to work on something else, I rarely go back to it, and so I'm not getting a lot of finishes. And then I end up feeling overwhelmed by all my wips. I've worked on Enchanted and nothing else for the last few weeks and lo and behold, I'll be having a finish before too much longer. Now I'm pondering what to stitch next. Mirabilia Peony Garden is current favourite. I didn't think much of it when it was released, but then I saw someone's finish of it online, on a pretty fabric, and it changed my mind.

2 comments:

Karen said...

She's beautiful, Gill. I don't think the wand will be missing at all.

Can't wait to see that finish!

Lana said...

Your Enchanted Fairy is looking gorgeous!!! You have really put in a lot of progress! SOOO pretty! Love all the soft lavenders and pastels!