Friday, December 14, 2012

Once again I've been a bad blogger...but I have been white hot on the stitching front, so fair warning - picture heavy post ahead!!
 
First up, I finished my September Sapphire Fairy. She was a joy from start to finish...
 
 
Then I decided to knuckle down and finish up an old WIP - Morning Glory. I started her a long time ago and she was my travel project, but she was a work in verrrry slow progress. Once I actually got stuck in she finished up quickly. She's on an old SMF piece - Violets In The Shade.

 
So then I had another new start - Lady Alexandra. She's on PTP Crystal Yule. This one dragged a bit if I'm honest, although I suspect that was at least partly down to the fabric. I find 32 count opal hard to see the holes, especially on darker colours. Oh, and I changed the hair colour because as charted just looked awful on this fabric.

 
Then I dragged out my old Cinders WIP. This one has been kicking around for a loooong time. I made a dent in it, as you can see from these before and after shots...


And then another old WIP saw light of day once more (must be something in the air!) Here's my before and after pics of Venetian Opulence. She's on SW Jamaica Sparkle...


 And then another new start. I actually pulled this out to be my new travel project, but I got carried away with the start and stitched more than intended. She is Janlynn's Cigar Box Art which I was given as a gift a couple of Christmases ago. The flower and hair are still minus the backstitch at the moment. I swapped out the aida in the kit for an old SW piece - Attic Treasures (I think this is a long-since discontinued colour).


This one will be new start in the New Year. I've joined a SAL on a Facebook group, so I'll be starting Gypsy Firefly. It's a HAED design (as you can tell from the watermark!) Isn't it purdy?

5 comments:

Giovanna said...

Wow, that's a loooot of great stitching - congrats on the finishes!

Kate said...

Awesome stitching!!! And I love Gypsy Firefly, mine is sadly neglected lol

Sharon said...

Magnificent finishes and wonderful wips!

Karoline said...

They're all lovely, congratulations

Valentina said...

Congrats for your finishes! Merry Christmas!