Monday, January 07, 2013

I assume by now everyone has seen the latest Mirabilia, Roses of Provence.  I think this is the nicest Mira that has been released in quite a while.  I couldn't wait to start and spent my last bunch of days off doing nothing but stitching - bugger the ironing! LOL. It gave me a huge start on her, although I'm still stitching she's slowed down quite a bit now due to some long shifts at work finishing at 11pm etc. From Thursday I've got another four days off so I should be able to get cracking on her again. She's kind of hard to put down, and I find I'm thinking about stitching her even when I'm at work...if thinking about it was the same as stitching on it I'd be finished by now!
 


My current obsession with ROP aside, it hasn't stopped me kitting up more projects. I've bought a bunch of Crescent Colours, GAST, WDW etc for some of my vast pile of LHN charts. This is my current favourite - Inn At Fox River Mill - and is now ready to start once I finish ROP...

 
Better go - I've just spotted a spider as big as my hand on the ceiling and I foresee a can of Mortein in my immediate future...

11 comments:

Kate said...

Gill she's so gorgeous!!! No wonder she's hard to put down, cant wait to see you cruise to a fnish! :) New stash is lovely too :)

Adrienne said...

ROP is looking great!! I love the way Mirabilia's stitch up.

While I'm not normally a fan of LHN designs, I'd have to say that Inn at Fox River Mill is my favourite. I don't know why, but I really like that one. I can't wait to see your progress!!

Bernice said...

your Rose Provence is beautiful and the fabric is a great choice, she is my next project too

Giovanna said...

Such a lot done on RoP already - she's a beauty! Love your LHN choice too.

Valentina said...

Great start of ROP, I love her too and I'm happy to see somone's alredy stitching her!

Chiloe said...

Too hard to resist her but I will have to finish my Winter housing before starting her. :) ( but I have the chart and beads :) ) Love to see your progress ;)

Karoline said...

She's looking lovely, great progress

Christine said...

Wow, very lovely! She's one I need to add to my stash. :D

Le trame della Galaverna said...

I love it
She is beautiful, great progress.
ciao Giovanna

Jentwyn said...

Beautiful! She will be my next start. (with some changes)
I'm sure you get this question alot..but any idea where your pirate Queen -Bucaneer pattern can be found?

Bernice said...

Great progress on ROP. Love the colors