Monday, October 06, 2014

Well. I don't even know if I'm still on anyone's blog list, it's been so long since I've posted. And I can't blame anyone if I'm not. So anyway...I've been having the urge to start blogging again recently so here I am.

I went through a bit of a dry patch earlier this year, where my mojo just upped and disappeared, but I'm back to stitching again now. I had a massive wip clear out a couple of weeks ago. We've been doing lots of work on the house, and de cluttering as we go...I found so, so many old wips. I took a long hard look at them and decided which ones are likely to get stitched on again, and which were not. The 'nots' went in the bin.

I heard your gasp from here! Lol. Yes, drastic I know. But I know myself well enough to know that I would never get around to re homing them any other way, so in the bin they went. And it was collection day, so no chance of changing my mind and retrieving them either. I actually found it rather cathartic - having so many unfinished pieces kind of stressed me out, and now I wont feel guilty if I start something new when I finish Bois Le Duc.

Speaking of which...I've been making great strides on this five year old wip recently, and hope to see it finished in the next couple of weeks. This beastie is HUGE! To give you some perspective, that's an 11" QSnap in the first picture...



3 comments:

Blu said...

Welcome back!

I'm in awe of your mental strength at binning those WIPs. I'm still hoarding some despite knowing that I'll never finish them.

Your sampler is looking amazing.

Miamina said...

Good to see you both blogging and stitching again! I'm not sure I could have thrown away some WIP's but I bet it does feel like a weight has been lifted!

Your stitching looks lovely and I look forward to seeing it finished!

Rai Rai's Stitches said...

Im still here. I'm not going anywhere!

Welcome back!