Friday, January 16, 2015

Blowing away cobwebs...

Ok, ok, I know I've been missing in action from this blog again. That's because my stitching mojo has upped and gone. It's been ebbing for a while, but this time...well, rather than fight it and force myself to stitch (what would be the point of that? It's a hobby!) I've been doing other things. Mostly yarn crafts - knitting and crocheting. Which I haven't really done for years. I used to make a lot of sweaters  for the kids when they were small and all my kids had blankets made for them when they were babies but not much since.

At the moment I'm kind of obsessed with the crocheted blankets from Lucy at Attic24 (I would link, but Blogger is expressing its displeasure at me using my iPad to post, and is glitching a bit) and am 15 stripes into her Coast Ripple Blanket. I ordered the yarn pack from Wool Warehouse in the UK. Their postage was really good, and being outside of the EU I get VAT knocked off the price too - bargain! The yarn I'm using is the one Lucy used, Stylecraft Special DK. It's acrylic, but a really nice one, soft and not too squeaky and it comes in a huge range of colours. I really like the colours Lucy chose for this - they really do have a coastal feel and I love being by the coast! I'm enjoying the colour changes as they appear.







 I've had a bit of a splurge when it comes to yarn...I'm not even going to own up to half of it! Lol. Once the blanket is finished this is the next thing in the queue...





The poncho is from Simply Crochet magazine and the yarn is Drops Nepal, which is a wool/alpaca blend Aran and feels scrumptiously warm (maybe too warm for Aus!) but it isn't the softest in the world. I've held it up to my face and I don't think it'll be too scratchy.






1 comment:

Scully said...

Looking good there Gill...my MIL loved her blanket. I also love the poncho as my mum would really love it spi might have to invest in the pattern!