Monday, February 01, 2016

It's February. In Australia. In the middle of summer. Time to break out the shorts and thongs and sunnies, and tweed jackets...wait. What?

So obviously, I bought myself a tweed jacket. Made of wool. Soft, scrumptious, snugly warm wool. I've been hankering for one of Joules's Parade jackets for a while, and I finally gave in to temptation and splurged. It arrived today. What can I say? It's everything I hoped it would be. Did I mention it's warm? Too warm for an Aussie summer although it doesn't matter because...well, more on that later. The tailoring and quality are superb. Look at the mismatched buttons! Very quirky and cute- I love the foxy ones. And the velvet piping around the hems... There's even detail under the collar for if you want to wear it 'popped'. You might be getting the idea I'm in love with this jacket! Hahaha (I'm not affiliated with Joules in any way, I just can't stop raving about this jacket)



*sigh* Blogger is playing silly bloggers and won't let me comment further down this entry next to the relevant photos.  Anyway, I haven't done any stitching for the longest time...months and months. But last night I got the urge to pick up a needle again. I chose to pick up on Chatelaine's Rose Garden and there's a photo below.

Also, I've been knitting quite a bit. I'm not going to show all of it because this entry is pretty picture heavy already - but here's a couple of photos of my Sixareen Kep hat (Kate Davies design) I recently finished, with a fair isle brim all in pure Shetland wool.

Oh yes...and the reason it doesn't matter that the jacket is too warm? Well, for those that don't already know, we're moving back home to England after ten years in the land of Aus. We've decided we're too far from family, and all the things we like doing - like visiting castles and stuff. So it's time to go home.








No comments: